- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Reaction between calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
the reaction between calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid
AIM- My task is to investigate the reaction between calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid, which produces calcium chloride, carbon dioxide, and water. To do this I will conduct an experiment.
Calcium + Hydrochloric Calcium + Carbon Dioxide + Water
Carbonate Acid Chloride
CaCo3 (s) + 2Hcl (aq) CaCl2 + Co2 (g) + H20 (l)
The key variables in this experiment that affect the rate of reaction is, surface area, temperature, mass of CaCo3 and concentration of acid.
The surface area can be investigated by increasing or decreasing the surface area of the calcium carbonate (marble) chips (i.e. have them as chips or powdered). The temperature can be investigated by increasing the temperature of water in the water trough. Increasing or decreasing the mass of the calcium carbonate chips used in the experiment can investigate the mass. The concentration can be investigated by increasing or decreasing the concentration of acid put on the marble chips.
The variable I will be changing in order to conduct my experiment is the concentration of acid as this will have an effect on how
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physical Chemistry (view all)
- The Development of the Periodic Table of the Elements
- Importance of Laboratory Design
- Communicating Laboratory Procedures
- Heat of Neutralization. Objective: To investigate the...
- Aim: To determine the equilibrium constant for esterificati...
- Analysing Dyes Through Gel Electrophoresis
- Explain the need for primary and secondary standards in anal...
- Use appropriate chemical tests to identify different dietary...
- Producing Pharmaceuticals: From Bench To Bedside
- How are standard solutions prepared & how is titration c...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.