- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Renewable energy resources and their use in producing electricity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A renewable energy resource is one which can be extracted from the environment, and the energy source will always remain available. Examples of renewable energy sources are:
> Flowing water
The sun is the ultimate energy resource for:
> Coal- because without the sun the trees would not be able to grow.
> Biomass- because we use this when eat food and burn plants. Without the sun the plants and trees would not grow.
> Food- because without the sun the crops would not grow.
> Wind- without sunlight there would be no wind. This is because wind is caused by the sun heating different parts of the earth unequally.
> Waves- rely on the wind to generate them, therefore because sunlight is needed to generate wind there wold be no waves.
> Flowing water- there would be no flowing water if there was no sunlight, as the water would freeze and turn into ice.
Fossil fuels are non-renewable energy resources.
> Coal, oil and gas are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Energy, Respiration & the Environment (view all)
- Describe the concept of homeostasis and the homeostatic mech...
- Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology o...
- Measurments of boby temperature, heart rate and breathing ra...
- Cycles in Biology.
- The basic factors that effect human comfort
- African Trypanosomiasis aka African Sleeping Sickness
- The Effect of Caffeine on Daphnia Heart Rate
- Translocation is the method to alleviate the overbreeding pr...
- Malaria Issue Report
- What Is The Effect Of Caffeine Of The Heart Rate Of Daphnia?...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.