- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The egg drop challenge is not mostly a "shock absorption" exercise; the springiness of the padding around the egg is the determining factor.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Egg Drop Contest
2 small foam cups
2500 square centimeters of plastic bubble wrap
25 paper tissues
12 cm3 cardboard box
Abstract of Physical Principals
The egg drop challenge is not mostly a "shock absorption" exercise; the "springiness" of the padding around the egg is the determining factor. A bus without springs is near impossible to drive, while one without shocks feels almost normal until moments when the shocks are needed. What will break the egg is to have a force on the egg greater than the shell can withstand. This can be avoided by distributing the force evenly across the egg's surface. The shell is very strong if the force is well distributed, and very weak if the force is all at one point, or on a small area. You can pierce the egg with a very small force with a needle, yet you can put it between your palms and push with great force without breaking it.
If your "padding" is too soft, it will work well until the padding has compressed, and then the egg will experience a large g-force
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Mechanics & Radioactivity (view all)
- Investigating the strength of a Supermarkets plastic bag.
- Calculating the Young Modulus of Constanton
- Aim:To find out whether or not the angle of the ramp affects...
- Carry out an experiment of simple harmonic motion using a si...
- Slipping and sliding Physic Investigation
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.