- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Ethics of Stem Cell Research.
The first 200 words of this essay...
THE ETHICS OF STEM CELL RESEARCH
To begin with the ethics of the stem cell research, let's just talk about what are stem cells.
Well, (stem cells are the cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body. They can theoretically divide without limit to replenish other cell as long as the animal still alive.)-http://stemcells.nih.gov
There are two types of stem cells. Those that are totipotent stem cell (embryonic stem cell-ES cell) and tissue restricted stem cell (or Pluripotent stem cell). Embryonic stem cells can rise to all different types of cells in the body. But the Pluripotent stem cells can not rise to the cells those needed to develop fetus.
All above seems to be normal cells in our body. Why are doctors and scientists so excited about stem cells?
Stem cells have potential in many different areas of health and medical research. Such as cancer and birth defects, are due to problems that occur somewhere in this process. It also helps us understand and perhaps correct the errors of medical conditions.
ES cells are now having been thought
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- effect of concentration of copper sulphate on the action of ...
- All flesh is grass.
- The Effect Of Temperature On The Action Of Salivary Amylase
- Biological Molecules
- Sickle cell disease
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.