- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Purpose of my sensing circuit is to regulate the temperature in a Steam Sauna which operates between the temperatures 30C - 60C
- Essay length: 3975 words
- Submitted: 20/07/2012
- Awarding body: OCR (for A-levels)
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Sauna is a small room designed to be heated to very high temperatures, with well-controlled humidity. Saunaâs are used for both recreational and therapeutic purposes. There are different types of Sauna, all with different heat sources and temperature ranges.
Types Of Sauna
Temperature range (Â°C)
The Purpose of my sensing circuit is to regulate the temperature in a Steam Sauna which operates between the temperatures 30Â°C - 60Â°C
My sensor is a thermistor (a temperature sensitive resistor).
There are two types of thermistors.
1. PTC (Positive Temperature Co-efficient) thermistors for which an increase in temperature increases its resistance
2. NTC (Negative Temperature Co-efficient) thermistors for which an increase in temperature decreases its resistance
Through my coursework I will be making use of a Negative temperature coefficient thermistor because I will be attempting to put a limit on the maximum temperature in the Sauna at which the steam generator can operate (also limiting the maximum temperature of the Sauna) by varying the potential difference across the steam generator as temperature
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- A coursework on sensing temperature with voltage.
- Investigating the E.m.f and Internal Resistance of 2 cells o...
- To find out what happens in the filament of a bulb as we inc...
- Internal Resistance of a cell
- Sensing project
- Physics Case Study Solar Electric Panels
- Geothermal energy is not easily accessible with our current ...
- The objectives of this experiment are to Verify Kirchhoffs l...
- Electricity generation from renewable and non-renewable sour...
- Electrical Energy Questions and Answers
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo