- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
All cellular life also contains DNA as its genetic material. Cells contain several varieties of RNA molecules and proteins. Most of the proteins are enzymes. All cells are composed of the same basic chemicals: carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, minerals, fats and vitamins. They also all regulate the flow of nutrients and wastes that enter and leave the cell. All cells undergo and are the result of cell division.
Eukaryote means 'the true nucleus', which refers to the large nucleus containing the DNA inside of a membrane.
Eukaryotic cells include organisms such as fungi, green plants, animals and proctoctists. These types of cells and organisms appeared 2000 million years ago, and it is more than likely that they evolved from prokaryotic cells.
Prokaryote means 'before the nucleus', which means the DNA isn't contained inside of the membrane.
Prokaryotic cells have appeared in fossil records from 3500 million years ago and are made up of a variety of organisms known collectively as bacteria.
Prokaryotic cells are smaller and less complex than eukaryotic cells. Prokaryotic cells have no nuclear membrane; the nuclear membrane is a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Measurement of protein solutions concentrations by biuret pr...
- The digestive system
- An investigation of the enzyme catalysed hydrolysis of urea ...
- Cellular Respiration and the Role of Mitochondria
- Colorimetry Experiment - I will investigate and observe the ...
- Experiment Aim: To investigate the effects of placing onion ...
- Influenza is a viral infection which attacks the respiratory...
- How the protein insulin is made.
- This essay will look at different types of human tissues and...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.