- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Media is the most effective agency of socialisation. Discuss.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The Media is the most effective agency of socialisation"
Mass Media 'means public communication reaching a large audience' Examples of Mass Media are television, radios, movies, music, book, magazines, newspapers and internet. Mass media is an agency of the secondary socialisation; a secondary socialisation is happened outside of the family home, after yearly years of childhood and continues throughout your life.
Mass Media has seemed to be an effective agency of socialisation. This is true to some extent because now children are spending as more time in front of the television than mingling with their parents and other family members. The message and values that come from the media are very powerful because children tend to model the characters on the television. For example when an advert has been shown with a new product on or with a child they instantly think they need this, its necessity. Also adolescents are very influenced by the media, media has become there subculture- pop culture (e.g. movies, music and TV) to have watches the latest film, to heard the latest song is a sensational thing. The internet has become a very important part of teenage life. This is due
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Media (view all)
- Different Types of Culture
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Censorship.
- "The media reflects society; just as there is diversity...
- The function of Education is to develop and reinforce social...
- Assess sociological explanations of the relationship between...
- How Media, Advertising and Celebrity Culture Affects Female ...
- Do Video Games Develop Important Skills For Me?
- Media and The Sexualization of Young Girls
- To what extent does the Media affect body image in teens and...
- Gender relationships in "Barbie Girl" by Aqua
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.