- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Media is the most effective agency of socialisation. Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"The Media is the most effective agency of socialisation"
Mass Media 'means public communication reaching a large audience' Examples of Mass Media are television, radios, movies, music, book, magazines, newspapers and internet. Mass media is an agency of the secondary socialisation; a secondary socialisation is happened outside of the family home, after yearly years of childhood and continues throughout your life.
Mass Media has seemed to be an effective agency of socialisation. This is true to some extent because now children are spending as more time in front of the television than mingling with their parents and other family members. The message and values that come from the media are very powerful because children tend to model the characters on the television. For example when an advert has been shown with a new product on or with a child they instantly think they need this, its necessity. Also adolescents are very influenced by the media, media has become there subculture- pop culture (e.g. movies, music and TV) to have watches the latest film, to heard the latest song is a sensational thing. The internet has become a very important part of teenage life. This is due to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Media (view all)
- The issue of media ownership is a complex one and therefore,...
- Censorship is necessary to protect the public
- How does media impact on our daily life?
- Does Media Violence Lead to Aggression and Societal Violence...
- Moral Panic and media folk devils.
- Do Video Games Develop Important Skills For Me?
- Media and The Sexualization of Young Girls
- To what extent does the Media affect body image in teens and...
- Gender relationships in "Barbie Girl" by Aqua
- Television and How it Affects Society
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.