- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Crime and its effects on society. Police Reform Act 2002 The police reform act impacted mainly onto the police obviously due to giving PCSOs (Police Community Support Officer) more power to control anti social behaviour
The first 200 words of this essay...
TASK 1A: REPORT
P1-Crime and disorder legislation
The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 placed a new responsibility on local authorities, police and other agencies to work mutually in the development and performance of strategies to reduce crime and disorder.
This advance was supported by the publication of the Morgan Report (1991), which argued for a statutory duty to be placed on crime lessening agencies, such as the police and local authorities, to work together for common targets. This report was acted upon with the creation of the 1998 act. The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 created 376 local Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships in England and Wales.
These strategies must reflect local needs and priorities which mean that different crime and disorder partnerships around the country will be aiming to tackle different areas of crime depending on what is a problem locally. The priorities addresses by a multi-agency partnership could be any of a number of issues depending on local needs.
The Criminal Justice Act 2003
This was brought in by parliament as a way of modernizing parts of the criminal justice system. The act looked at amending the law
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Crime & Deviance (view all)
- Assess the Usefulness of Official Crime Statistics to a Soci...
- Sociological Theories on Crime and Deviance
- Evaluate the Functionalist explanations of Deviance.
- The chivalry thesis claims that women will be treated more l...
- Asses the arguments and evidence which suggest women commit ...
- Examine the Marxists explanation of crime and deviance (12 m...
- Assess the Usefulness of Different Sociological Approaches t...
- Describe and Assess Functionalist Approaches to Crime
- Outline some of the reasons why different pupil subcultures ...
- Analyse explanations of crime and deviance and explain the i...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.