- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Has crime increased/decreased or remained at a stable level over the past 30 years?
The first British Crime Survey was carried out in 1982 (of crime experienced in 1981) and therefore data is only available for the past 25 years rather than 30. According to the British Crime Survey, crime was increasing steadily until the early 1990's, where it increased rapidly to a peak around 1995. After this it decreased quite quickly and since 2001/2002 it decreased very slowly until 2005 since when it has been somewhat steady. The crime figures are similar to what they were in 1981.
However, according to the police recorded crimes, crime has increased slightly since 1981 but at a very slow and steady rate. It was fairly steady until 1990 where it increased since when it has been mostly steady only decreasing slightly in 1998 to increase again until 2005/2006. According to the British Crime Survey, although crime has at times increased and decreased, it has remained at a fairly stable level over the past 25years, whereas according to police recorded figures, the level of crime has increased slightly.
Crime in England and Wales 2006/2007,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Crime & Deviance (view all)
- Sociological Theories on Crime and Deviance
- The chivalry thesis claims that women will be treated more l...
- Outline & evaluate sociological explanations of the rela...
- Assess the Usefulness of Official Crime Statistics to a Soci...
- ‘Discuss the use of alternative strategies of crime...
- Analyse explanations of crime and deviance and explain the i...
- Assess the view that cults and sects are fringe organisation...
- The purpose of this report is to evaluate and reflect upon m...
- Is there a single definitive policing model appropriate to p...
- Are our streets safer now? Crime rates in Scotland.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.