- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
fabric of society
The first 200 words of this essay...
B.A (Hons) Health & Applied Social Studies
Crime and Deviance.
Assignment title; To what extent does crime and deviance threaten the fabric of society?
By Shaida Parveen.
Tutor: Mike Kneafsey.
Assignment Deadline: 5/01/06.
Question title: To what extent does crime and deviance threaten the fabric of society?
The essay will attempt to outline to what extent crime and deviance threatens the fabric of society.
A crime is defined when a person breaches a law conducting a serious offence, which is punishable by the crown court. Deviance or becoming deviant is all concerned with challenging and breaking rules. Deviance is about being different. The definition of deviant in different areas and in different societies may have different meanings. What may seem deviant in one society may be perfectly normal in another society. In many societies rules are managed and constructed by people who are in positions of social control. In order to identify what is deviant there is need of social control. Social control refers to formal and informal means in which society responds to deviance through the social order. Social control is maintained by social control agents, like teachers and police
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociological Differentiation & Stratification (view all)
- Biomedical and the socio-medical models of health
- Identify current patterns of ill health and inequality in th...
- Assess the usefulness of feminist contributions to our under...
- Outline the reasons for gender differences in subject choice...
- Assess the strengths and limitations of unstructured intervi...
- Assess the view that the education system exists mainly to s...
- Outline and asses the view that new social movements express...
- Biological and Social Constructionist explanations of Gender...
- Assess the relation between sociology and social policy
- Feminism: A Sociological Overview
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.