- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Identify current patterns of ill health and inequality in the UK. Explain probable causes of the current patterns of ill health and inequality in the UK (M1)
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Identify current patterns of ill health and inequality in the UK (P3)
Explain probable causes of the current patterns of ill health and inequality in the UK (M1)
Although people are living longer than ever before, with mortality rates fallen over the last 50 years, unacceptable inequalities in health still persist but have changed. Over the last century Public health issues were dominantly childhood deaths from illness and infectious diseases, problems that have now been eradicated such as small pox or controlled such as measles, mumps and rubella. Public health issues in the current times have change to more lifestyle issues such as diet, smoking, exercise and consumption of alcohol, causing a rise in deaths from cancers, coronary heart disease, and stoke as well as public health issues such as diabetes and obesity. Although on average we are living healthier and longer lives, health and life expectancy are not shared equally across the population. These inequalities affect the whole of society and they can be identified at all stages of the life course from pregnancy to old age, and subsequently into next generations.
"The weight of scientific evidence supports a socio-economic explanation of health inequalities, this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociological Differentiation & Stratification (view all)
- Biomedical and the socio-medical models of health
- Assess the strengths and limitations of unstructured intervi...
- Sociological Perspectives
- Discuss the similarities and differences between conflict of...
- Explain your understanding of the principle sociological per...
- Assess the view that the education system exists mainly to s...
- Outline and asses the view that new social movements express...
- Biological and Social Constructionist explanations of Gender...
- Assess the relation between sociology and social policy
- Feminism: A Sociological Overview
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.