- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is attending an all girls school is beneficial to the girls?
The first 200 words of this essay...
There is a debate as to whether attending an all girls school is beneficial to the girls attending these single sex schools. As a pupil at one such school I am in the position to express an opinion on what I think are the main advantages of attending such a school.
As someone who enjoys sports I am glad I chose a girls school because there is much more focus on girls sports, whereas in a mixed school there is more focus generally on male sports such as rugby.
At a girls school I know that I would be able to focus on my work in class more diligently because I would find myself less distracted by the members of my class as they are of the same gender as me.
I chose a girls school because I feel as a boarder that it is more understanding of girls problems that they may face in adolescence. The school will have always dealt with teenage girls and therefore be more knowledgeable in the pastoral care aspect of school life. As many mixed schools have begun letting girls into the schools relatively recently and as a result
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociological Differentiation & Stratification (view all)
- Biomedical and the socio-medical models of health
- Sociological Perspectives
- Assess the strengths and limitations of unstructured intervi...
- Outline the reasons for gender differences in subject choice...
- Explain your understanding of the principle sociological per...
- Assess the view that the education system exists mainly to s...
- Outline and asses the view that new social movements express...
- Biological and Social Constructionist explanations of Gender...
- Assess the relation between sociology and social policy
- Feminism: A Sociological Overview
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.