- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
To what extent do feminist theories remain relevant for interpreting gendered patterns of work.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Since the late nineteenth-century feminists have sought equality amongst members of society, in response specifically to women's oppression by men. By noticing this, feminists over the world have united to induce a change to this. Only by spreading their word and through the force of these theories, has women's consciousness about their fate changed. They have been partly responsible for the passing of new laws - for example -to eliminate gender oppression and fundamentally allow women the same rights as men. Although this does not mean that now man and woman are entirely the same or equal, it does however demonstrate that feminism has encouraged some degree of change in societal structure. This has particularly shown in the workplace, with - for example - more women in the labour market and less gendered divisions in jobs. Throughout the course of this essay, I will aim to demonstrate some of the gendered patterns of work - in both the U.S and Britain - in relation to feminist theory. I will also present some of the problems with interpreting employment with this theory, and to do this, I will make some notes on changing masculinities.
Mainly in response to industrialisation of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Work & Leisure (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Marxist and Functionalist views on ...
- The Marxist view of education
- Outline some of the ways in which some marketisation and sel...
- Obesity in todays Society
- Evaluate the Marxist Perspective on the role of education.
- Using material from item B and elsewhere assess the strength...
- Sociological Theory and Groups - analysis of a football team...
- Assess the Postmodernist view that we are free to adopt any ...
- evaluate the fact that there is still inequality in the work...
- Assess the view that vocational education and training schem...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.