- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Use sociological terminology to describe the principal sociological perspective
The first 200 words of this essay...
P1 Use sociological terminology to describe the principal sociological perspective.
Sociology examines the context in which people live in and how theses context affects them. Functionalist examines society through a functional framework and says everything no matter how seemingly strange out of place or harmful serves a purpose.
The functionalist perspective evolved from the work of Emile Durkheim through it was shaped by Talcott Parson. According to Bohm functionalism can be summed up with one simple premise the world is a system of interrelated parts and each part makes a necessary contribution to the vitality of the system. Functionalism holds that everyone and everything in society no matter how strange it may seem serves a purpose.
Functionalism could be described as the most generalised and ineffective of the sociological schools it is not logically in sync between cultures and it cannot effectively explain change but has its strong points. Functionalism essentially serves as the most conservative of the sociological thoughts.
Marxist theory is the critique of capitalism, in capitalist society economical minority the bourgeoisie dominate and exploit the proletariats the working class majority. A person is exploited if he or she
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociological Differentiation & Stratification (view all)
- Biomedical and the socio-medical models of health
- Assess the strengths and limitations of unstructured intervi...
- Sociological Perspectives
- Explain your understanding of the principle sociological per...
- Discuss the similarities and differences between conflict of...
- Assess the view that the education system exists mainly to s...
- Outline and asses the view that new social movements express...
- Biological and Social Constructionist explanations of Gender...
- Assess the relation between sociology and social policy
- Feminism: A Sociological Overview
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student