- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Art Critical Review
The first 200 words of this essay...
My Art Critical Review
The four prominent artists in the 9x5 Impression Exhibition were Mr Tom Roberts, Mr Charles Conder, Mr Arthur Streeton, and Mr Frederick McCubbin. The four artworks I will be referring to in the workbook are: Andante, Herrick's Blossoms, Windy and Wet, and By the Treasury.
1. I am an artist reporter for the Sydney Morning Herald, the year is 1889, and I am here to inspect the 9x5 Impression Exhibition. I walk though the big white pillars to enter the Exhibition. I was amazed. There was a painting that struck my eye, I went over to examine it. It was an artwork painted by Tom Roberts called "Andante". This artwork was made in 1889, for this exhibition and certainly fitted in. The colours in the painting were broad and it used the famous Impressionist technique, by short brushstrokes and tone being shown, by shadows. This shows a piano being played by women with broad colours shown on the wall. This shows that Impressionism and broad colours could have been used for other subjects beside landscapes.
2. I then moved on to another artwork which was within the gallery, and spotted someone
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Art (view all)
- Art Evaluation For Study of Da Vinci
- This self-portrait is the last ever self-portrait painted by...
- artist research into Brendan neiland
- Formal Analysis- Henri Matisse "Interior at Nice"
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.