- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Break even comparison of J Sainsbury and Tesco.
The first 200 words of this essay...
BREAK-EVEN OF J SAINSBURY AND TESCO
1. The graph below shows the profit on the left hand vertical axis and the turnover on the right hand vertical axis. As we can see whilst turnover has increased over the five years until the final year, profits have tended to fall: they have recovered slightly in the final year, however.
2. The ratio values, first of all, for the profitability measures are:
Sainsbury's Profitability ratios
Total operating profit margin
Group profit before tax margin
Interest payable as a percentage of turnover
In general, we can see that Sainsbury managed to hold its profitability rates steady for the period 2000 to 2002. However, profitability was better over the period 1998 - 1999. Clearly, profit margins have suffered at Sainsbury, this could possibly be as a result of competition in the supermarket business (their largest segment) or as a result of management problems. Our analysis of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Finance (view all)
- Explain and justify methods used to identify the target mark...
- Accounting Concepts and Conventions
- Compare the two companies Tesco's and McDonalds
- PEST Analysis
- Comsat case
- R.J. Reynolds International (RJR) is currently facing a deci...
- Tullow Oil - case study
- Financial report. I will be talking about the financial perf...
- Advantages of using credit cards
- Accounting Report. The aim of this report is to analyse the...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.