- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
A sole trader is any business that is owned and controlled by one person, although they may employ staff. This could be Hairdressers, for example. People, who provide a special service like hairdressers, plumbers or photographers, are also sole traders. Sole traders do not have a separate legal existence. As a result, the owners are personally liable for the firm's debts, and may have to pay them out of their own money. This is called unlimited liability. An example of a sole trader is a corner shop; the corner shop I have chosen is 'Shaheen Newsagents', this is a shop in Latchford that sells magazines, newspapers, sweets, crisps, cigarettes and drinks. The owner of this newsagent is called Faz Shaheen; he also owns several other shops such as 'Bridge Lane Shops', 'Cobbs News' etc.
Being a sole trader Faz cannot go to all of the shops so he has co-workers working for him and running his shops. It is a small shop and it is local business in the local area..
* The firms are usually small, and easy to set up like the chosen newsagents.
* Generally, only a small amount of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- Development of a coherent marketing mix.
- I have been asked to produce a marketing strategy for an exi...
- Evaluate and justify the use of an appropriate promotional m...
- Discuss the concept of marketing within the context of the p...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.