- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Company Heritage of Dell.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dell was a company that had been created as a result of the PC's open architecture. In 1983, Michael Dell, an 18 year old freshman at the University of Texas at Austin, spent his evenings pre-formatting hard disks for IBM-compatible PC upgrades. A year later he dropped out of college to attend to his burgeoning business, which had grown from nothing to $6 million in 1985. In 1985, Michael Dell shifted his company's focus to assembling its own brand of PCs- that were available on a build-to-order basis. By the time Dell entered the 21st century it was by far the most successful company in the PC industry. Founded in 1984, the company had achieved phenomenal records in sales and profit growth.
At Dell new product groups and customer segments were formed to manage exploding opportunities, and new employees were hired. In the fourth quarter of 2000, the growth came to a screeching halt. Dell along with its rivals saw a slump in the stock price and market capitalization. In spite of the slowdown and Dell's significantly reduced growth targets for 2001-2002, the company's top management remained supremely confident of Dell's future
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- Explain the marketing concept and its importance to an organ...
- E-Commerce Entities
- In this assignment I will describing how customer service ca...
- Business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-consumer (B2C...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.