- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Critically discuss for one specific brand of your choice, the concept of Integrated Marketing Communication.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Critically discuss for one specific brand of your choice, the concept of Integrated Marketing Communication. Support your answer by referring to appropriate theory and concepts of Integrated Marketing Communications and discuss theory in close relation to your chosen brand.
I have chosen Marks & Spencer and more specifically their 'Per Una' clothing range around which to base my study. I will begin by providing an overview of Marks and Spencer and the recent problems they have encountered and how 'Per Una' has contributed to the company's much improved performance over the past two years. I will then discuss the theory of marketing communications and in particular what has become known as 'integrated marketing communications' (IMC) whilst closely relating it to Marks and Spencer and its 'Per Una' range.
In January 1999, Marks and Spencer, one of the most profitable companies in the UK, shocked the city by announcing that profits for the financial year would be almost half that of 1998. Before this, M&S had a reputation as a safe 'blue chip' investment, their pre-tax profits having increased every year between 1992 and 1998, probably having had the most marketable brand on the high street, which is strange
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- This coursework entitled "Marketing" is about crea...
- The following report is on Tesco and is focusing on their pr...
- Development of a coherent marketing mix.
- Marketing is the management process responsible for identify...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student