- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Customer Service. The aim of this project is to assess the customer service of an organisation of my choice; therefore, I have chosen Ikea.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Lecture: Miss Michelle Cox
The aim of this project is to assess the customer service of an organisation of my choice; therefore, I have chosen Ikea.
IKEA is a furniture retailer with a difference. With around a 100 giant stores operating in over 15 countries world-wide it has managed to develop its own special way of selling furniture which seems to impress customers of all nationalities. IKEA customers typically spend between one and a half and two hours in the stores - far longer than in rival furniture retailers. An important reason for this is the effectiveness of the way it organises its stores - all of which are the same in most important respects all around the world. The design and philosophy of its store operations go back to the original business which was started in southern Sweden by Ingvar Kamprad in the 1950s. At the time Mr Kamprad was successfully selling furniture, through a catalogue operation. In response to customer requests to be able to see some of his furniture, he built a showroom in Stockholm, not in the centre of the city where land was expensive, but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies (view all)
- Business in the UK case study. Adidas PEST analysis
- Describe how customer service can be monitored and evaluated...
- Explain areas of growth or decline in the primary, secondary...
- Describe how three external factors are impacting upon the b...
- Case Study Qantas - Marketing and SWOT analysis
- Business Plan. This Coursework will enable me to know how t...
- SWOT analysis for Samia's Special Pizzas.
- Case Study of a Franchise Pizza Business
- I am writing to offer you some advice on how customer servic...
- Are consumers getting a fair deal from Fairtrade products?
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.