- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Establishing customer need in Virgin Trains
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Marketing and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
E2 - Establishing customer need
A consumer requires goods and services of all types for personal as well as household usage. Sometimes referred to as customers, each consumer is something of an enigma to marketers. How does he or she perceive products, brands, stores or even entire organisations? How are individuals product choice made? Is customer loyalty attainable? A trend of consumer behaviour has emerged in recent years to help Virgin Trains better understand critically important issues such as these.
Virgin Train 1st Class traveller can be divided into two different segments. These segments are made up of business clients and consumers from social classes A, B and C1. Keynotes (2002), state that the average number of trips per week on national rail for social class A-C1 is considerably higher than that of social classes D & E. Also, the age groups that use the national rail most frequently are 20-34, which are those from an employed status.
However, Virgin Trains have decided to target the first class business traveller. Tapp (2000, p16) states that most airlines are driven by the 80/20 rule which could also be applied to the rail sector. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-consumer (B2C...
- What is 'The Marketing Concept' and how has it developed ove...
- The marketing models I will evaluate will be SWOT and PEST a...
- Differences between Market and Planned Economy
- Enterprise Rent A Car - Business Coursework
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoey. University Student.