- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluate the environmental impact of Companies
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluate the environmental impact of business A in comparison to business B
In this assignment, I will research and evaluate the environmental policies and ethicality of the following companies: Microsoft and Nokia. I will look at the positive and negative externalities of each company which is the consequences of the company's activities experienced by a third party. These may include factors such as pollution and air miles. Environmental legislation is laws to control the impact businesses have on the environment. Under the Kyoto Protocol (See Appendix), for example, industrialised countries agreed to reduce the Greenhouse Gas emissions. In the UK, Defra is the government department responsible for environmental protection. From this investigation I will come to a conclusion as regarding to the environmental impact of each company.
Nokia Corporation is a multinational communications corporation focused on wireless and wired telecommunications. It is the world's largest manufacturer of mobile telephones.
Microsoft Corporation is a multinational computer technology corporation that concentrates on the development, manufacture, licensing and support for a wide range of softwares for computing devices.
On the Guide to Greener Electronics produced by Greenpeace (See Appendix 1) which ranks
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- What do recent attempts to adopt 'partnership' approaches an...
- In this assignment I will be explain the interaction of func...
- Business Studies
- Describe the main physical and technological resources requi...
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student