- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluate the influences of Multinationals through Globalisation
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Economics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
EVALUATE THE INFLUENCES OF MULTINATIONALS THROUGH GLOBALISATION
A multinational is a firm which has its headquarters in one country but with bases, manufacturing or assembly plants in others. A company would have a number of objectives which would drive them to expansion including:
o Increased sales and revenue
o A chance to sell in markets where incomes are growing most strongly
o Shareholder pressure to maintain profit growth
o The opportunity to diversify into a range of markets so that heavy dependence on one or a few markets, which could decline, can be avoided. This reduces risk.
The process of globalisation has three distinguishable phases for the individual business:
o Companies with a national focus look to expand their markets by selling abroad.
o They develop bases in overseas markets from which they can service their sales activities.
o They go on to develop sources of inputs based on the cost advantages of a wide variety of locations.
Global companies have passed through each of these phases and have fully integrated operations. They then go on to expand through inorganic growth.
Developing countries are often delighted to welcome multinational
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Command Economy or Fre...
- Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy are two important tools of...
- The International Monetary Fund And Global Economic Crises
- EXPLAIN AND DESCRIBE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF ECONOMIC ACTIVIT...
- Main characteristics of free market economy
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.