- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the main differences between a Sole Trader, a Limited Company and a Public Limited Company, in terms of accounting and reporting requirements
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain the main differences between a Sole Trader, a Limited Company and a Public Limited Company, in terms of accounting and reporting requirements.
Businesses can be classified by two types in general - Unincorporated firms and Incorporated firms.
An unincorporated firm is one that is not registered with Companies House, who are the government registrar of companies, as a business and there are two main types - sole trader and partnership. A sole trader is the simplest form of business type. It is the business which is owned by only one person. Partnership is, in essence, like a sole trader but with the ownership shared between partners who can 2 or more.
An incorporated firm is a firm that a registered firm at Companies House. In this category, there are two types - a private limited firm and a public limited firm. A private limited company is one where the liability is limited. To form and run a limited company it needs 1 or more owners and shareholders, who own at least one share each, and it has to file Memorandum & Articles of Association and prepare annual accounts which are that the company should summit to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- Business Studies
- Functional Areas of NHS and Tesco
- functional areas in oxfam and sainsburys
- In this assignment I will describe the type of business, pur...
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.