- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
External Influences on Business Activity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
External Influences on Business Activity
Products are made competitive in many different ways. Some businesses make a product competitive by lowering the price to equal or beat a main competitor e.g. Sainsburys lowering the price of baked beans to make them cheaper than Tesco or ASDA. Wight Mountain would try to lower the price of a specific bike to make it cheaper than Halfords. Businesses also make a product competitive by increasing the quality and the range of product, e.g. asking their own customers what they can do to improve a product. Wight Mountain could bring in another range of a particular bike, e.g. different suspension. Some businesses try to expand their customer service, e.g. at Sainsburys, the staff try to make the customers feel valued by the business so customers are happy shopping at Sainsburys.
Age: Popular music is usually bought by young people so music companies such as EMI take advantage by advertising in magazines because most young people read magazines. Coach holidays are most popular with older people, and so would be promoted to this age group. Sainsburys cater for all age groups as they have CDs
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The ability of an organisation to adapt to change in its ext...
- Why do firms engage in mergers and acquisitions? Describe a ...
- Causes of the Great Depression
- There is no such thing as a successful laissez-faire economy...
- Consider the factors involved, including the market entry mo...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.