- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Factors that have influenced the development of the UK leisure and recreation.
- Essay length: 7465 words
- Submitted: 14/04/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
The factors that have influenced the development of the UK leisure and recreation.
In the leisure and recreation industry there are six many categories within the United Kingdom. They are:
* Arts and entertainment
* Sports and physical recreation activities
* Countryside recreation
* Home-based leisure
There have been a number of factors that have influenced the development of the industry, and these have risen from the industrial revolution.
The factors that have influenced the development of the leisure and recreation industry are: -
Increase in leisure time
Over recent years, the amount of leisure time available to the majority of people in the United Kingdom has increased, so this has also increased the number of facilities, products and services, which satisfy the customer's demands.
There has been introduction of paid holiday's entitlement since 1938, because it has become a legal requirement for employers to give their employees paid holidays. It is now known fact that 94% of workers in the United Kingdom now get four weeks or more paid holidays per year.
The length of the working
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix
- Section 2-Marketing
- Advertising in newspapers and magazines
- To what extent will does correlation and extrapolation assis...
- NIKE SPRINTS AHEAD OF COMPETITION, YET HAS A LONG WAY TO RUN...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.