- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Structures Objectives and Organisation Activity and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Attaullah Mirlashari 10i
Applied Business GCSE
Unit 1 Investigating Business
To be able to sell products, specific functions must be performed by staff regularly. In a small business, individual people complete the functions. In medium or large business, such as Tesco, the functions are performed by individuals working as members of functional areas, or departments.
Here is a diagram showing all functional areas.
Here is a short description of all the main functional areas within Morrisons.
* Finance and Accounts - They record and manage the revenue and costs of the business to calculate how much profit or loss it has made. If there are problems, action must be taken swiftly. Computers and IT mean that financial transactions can be recorded immediately and analysed.
* Human Resources - They are in charge of all activities carried out by staff. They take care of such things as health and safety and working conditions of all staff. You would contact the human resources department of a business if you were applying for a job there.
* Production / Operations - The operations function manages resources
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 201
- functional areas in oxfam and sainsburys
- Outline of the Aims/Objectives of Sainsburys and Tesco.
- Monitoring customer service
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Zoey. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student