- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Health and safety at work analysis
- Essay length: 4280 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
---HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ANALYSIS
Health and safety at work play a critical part in law since it Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA)1974 comes into force. But many employers still put employees' health and safety subordinated to profits. It causes huge loss not only for the employees but also for the company.
Therefore, this report begins with the key requirements of HASAWA, and then further discuss the problems exist in the JJK company, with effective strategies are brought forward to help company get ride of hot water.
This report concludes by why a positive health and safety culture in the company is so important to organizational effectiveness.
Key requirements under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974
Under the 1974 Act, both employers and employees have duties, the employer does have the bigger share of responsibilities as its his/her job to make sure the environment they have provided for employees is satisfactory and safe for people to actually work. The main points of the health and safety act are below.
The act protects:
* employees health, safety and welfare
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Tesco's organisational structure
- The Importance of Human Resource Planning
- Question: What are the purposes of Performance Management?Di...
- Investigate about the important roles that management plays ...
- The recruitment process has eight different stages. - Human ...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.