- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Here it can be seen the notes that I made that seemed to lead to M&S's decline in market domination. It is under this heading as these are the main points that I learnt about the company that were not known by me before
The first 200 words of this essay...
Seminar Date: 13/10/05
Seminar Title: Fundamentals of marketing
For this seminar no preparation was required.
Seminar Activity & Discussion
This seminar was watching a video regarding the fall of Marks and Spencer's. Below are the notes from the seminar. Throughout the movie it was asked to note some of the main reasons that may have brought about their decline in the market.
What are the main points learned:
Here it can be seen the notes that I made that seemed to lead to M&S's decline in market domination. It is under this heading as these are the main points that I learnt about the company that were not known by me before.
Seems that M+S Pushed customer away
M+S had a Captive market
Record breaking profit for 1998 in clothing
The autumn clothing line was poor quality, all grey
M+S had a strong customer loyalty
The poor service was due to the lack of store staff within the branches.
M+S are having brilliant success so they branch into the financial sector.
Next range of clothing talked
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Marketing mix and segmentation of Sony.
- Discuss the impact of consumer behavior on marketing decisio...
- Pest Analysis Ryanair
- Development of a coherent marketing mix.
- Evaluate and justify the use of an appropriate promotional m...
- Discuss the benefits of internet marketing to Virgin
- Marketing: Assess your business idea against each of the fol...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.