- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Human resource management is the process of coordinating an organization's human resources or employees to meet organizational goals. Human resource professionals deal with such areas as employee recruitment
The first 200 words of this essay...
Human Resource Management
Human resource management is the process of coordinating an organization's human resources or employees to meet organizational goals. Human resource professionals deal with such areas as employee recruitment and selection, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, professional development, safety and health, forecasting, and labor relations.
It also concerns the management relationship practiced in organization by managers.
As it directly deals with people hence it is argued 'it involves the production utilization of people in achieving the organization's objectives and the satisfaction of individual employee needs'
Human resource management has its roots in the Industrial Revolution, when the spread of industrialization put increasing emphasis on businesses' ability to hire, train, and retain large numbers of employees. Late 19th and early 20th century changes in government regulation and labor relations also contributed to the field's origins. Human resource management rose in prominence in the mid-20th century, fostered by advances in behavioral and organizational studies. The Society for Human Resource Management (originally named the American Society for Personnel Administration) was formed in 1948. Since then, the field has developed into a well-recognized profession for practitioners and researchers.
So effective Human resource management depends
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Stakeholders At Tesco
- Tesco's organisational structure
- Sainsbury's organizational structure.
- Organisational structure + job roles
- McDonald's. What are the Management functions at McDonald's?
- Business Studies- How Technology has Influenced Business and...
- Identify how two organisations plan recruitment using intern...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.