- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Knowledge of the responsibilities covered by the human resources function with in the business, showing a thorough understanding of the importance of these resources to the business: This is demonstrated throughout
- Essay length: 9291 words
- Submitted: 13/12/2006
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
E1- Knowledge of the responsibilities covered by the human resources function with in the business, showing a thorough understanding of the importance of these resources to the business: This is demonstrated throughout
Human Resource planning is how businesses recruit, retain and manage people (employees/workers). Businesses need make efficient use of people because they are one of the key resources businesses have. In order for a business to achieve it's objectives they must plan their human resources in the manner of finding the right type of people with the specified qualifications and training to meet the specifications of the job, in other words "the right employee for the right job". (Heinemann AVCE business)
H.R. planning also deals greatly with forecasting the workforce requirements of the business for future years. H.R. planning involves finding out how many employees a business will require in the future as well as the type of employee. In the context of Shipley College HR planning means understanding the local demographics and skills shortages. HR planning is important to Shipley College because in order to attract students, Shipley College must plan for what type of students will study here
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- people in business
- People' Attitude Towards Work - Investigating motivation and...
- Produce a case study comparing two business organisations, i...
- Principals of Management.
- Report: Type of ownership of J-Sainsbury
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.