- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Management accounting is those areas of accounting concerned with financial planning, principally through the interpretation and use of financial data for important management of the business. The role of accounting is to provide relevant information, which will assist management with decision-making, planning economic performance, controlling costs and improving profitability. However, note that the information generated by the management accounting function is just one component part of the decision-making process. It is not the 'be all and end all'; it must be used in conjunction with other data. The purpose of this essay is outline the objectives of and the main stages in, a managerial planning, decision making and control process and describe the role served by managerial accounting in this process.
The aim of management accounting is to provide management with information, which will help them to:
* Achieve their objectives/goals.
* Formulate policy.
* Monitor and assess performance.
* Appreciate the financial implications of changes in the internal and external environment in which the organization operates.
* Plan for the future.
* Make comparisons between alternative scenarios.
* Manage more efficiently the scarce resources, which are at their disposal.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting & Finance (view all)
- Errors that do not affect the Trial Balance.
- Explain and justify methods used to identify the target mark...
- Comsat case
- Compare the two companies Tesco's and McDonalds
- Give an explanation of break-even analysis and explain how i...
- R.J. Reynolds International (RJR) is currently facing a deci...
- Tullow Oil - case study
- Financial report. I will be talking about the financial perf...
- Advantages of using credit cards
- Accounting Report. The aim of this report is to analyse the...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.