- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Managing Human Resources: Assignment.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Managing Human Resources: Assignment
"The benefits and drawbacks of devolving HRM to line managers" 21/01/03 no more than 2000 wards
The development of the topic of human resource management (HRM) is now well documented in literature. Nevertheless, the focus of the debates relating to HRM is ever changing . Presently, an attempt is being made to identify the relevance of HRM to firms' performance . One of the central features of the recent HRM debate is the importance given to the integration of HRM into the business and corporate strategy and devolvement of HRM to line managers instead of personnel specialists. We want to know the benefit and drawbacks of devolving HRM to line managers.
The term "strategic human resources management" was an outcome of such a debate. It highlights the growing proactive nature of the human resource (HR) function, its potential importance to the success of organizations and the possibility of change in the HR function from being reactive, prescriptive, and administrative to being proactive, descriptive and executive. Presently, importance of the mutual relationship between business strategy and HRM is more and more recognised. Lengnick-Hall and Lengnick-Hall (1988) gave
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Tesco's organisational structure
- John Smithers at Sigtek - Organizational Behavior
- How management style, Culture and Organisational structure i...
- Recruitment and selection for Sainsbury's.
- Question: What are the purposes of Performance Management?Di...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
- What are the most important qualities that an entrepreneur n...
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a bu...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.