- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Marketing is concerned with getting the right product to the right people at the right price. Its function is essential for the success of any business.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Marketing is concerned with getting the right product to the right people at the right price. Its function is essential for the success of any business. Most of the time products that are flops are due to poor marketing. A firm has to get the 4P's right to make it easy to sell its product. Businesses find out the views and opinions of consumers either by primary research which means going out on the field your self directly to communicate to the consumers. E.g. in the street, over the phone, interviews and questionnaires. The advantage to primary research is that it provides data that's up to date, relevant and specific to your products. However it's expensive to collect, it's time consuming and need's a large sample size to be accurate.
Or by secondary research which involves you using an existing published material like statistics and reference books, to gather information. Secondary research is useful for looking at the whole market and analysing past trends to predict the future. E.g. Market research reports Mintel government publications like family expenditure survey, newspaper and Magazine articles. Advantage-it's easily found and instantly available. However it is not always relevant to your needs, it's
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Explain the marketing concept and its importance to an organ...
- Marketing mix
- E-Commerce Entities
- Business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-consumer (B2C...
- In this assignment I will describing how customer service ca...
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.