- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Morrisons Supermarket - effects on the UK economy and their use of ICT
The first 200 words of this essay...
Science in the community-Morrisons
A bit about Morrisions
Morrisons is the UK's fourth largest food retailer with over over 450 stores. The products sold are mainly groceries and food a unique point is that they source and process most of the fresh food that they sell though their own manufacturing facilities; in fact they have the most people preparing food in their stores than any other supermarket. The business started in 1899 as market stall by Bradford Morrison and has gradually expanded to be what it is now in 2011.
How Morrison's Contributes to the economy
Morrisons does a lot of things which contribute to the economy. One of this is that it creates 124,000 jobs all around the country. It has provided over 1 million training days and provides skills for its workers if they wish to move up they professional ladder as 30% of senior management started on the shop floor. This contributes massively to the economy as it causes a multiplier affect; if people have jobs then they have money to spend on other businesses which benefits these other businesses. The fact that they have money now means they can pay more
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies (view all)
- Business in the UK case study. Adidas PEST analysis
- Explain areas of growth or decline in the primary, secondary...
- Do you learn better by yourself or with a teacher?
- Business studies Coursework - Study of a small established l...
- British Airways case study
- Business Plan. This Coursework will enable me to know how t...
- SWOT analysis for Samia's Special Pizzas.
- Case Study of a Franchise Pizza Business
- I am writing to offer you some advice on how customer servic...
- Are consumers getting a fair deal from Fairtrade products?
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.