- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Operational Risks for Online Businesses
The first 200 words of this essay...
Websites need updating regularly so that the information provided is current and product descriptions and lists are accurate. There is nothing worse than for a customer to see pages that have not been amended for a year or more. In some cases incorrect or out-of-date information can create serious problems.
Most online customers expect to be able to pay for goods they buy by debit or credit card. However, they also have to be certain that their personal details will be kept confidential. Newspaper headlines about fraud, hackers and identity theft obviously put people off. To be secure, all online payments need to be:
* Private and confidential between the buyer and the seller
* Authentic because both people are who they claim to be
* Conveyed intact and without any changes or alterations during transmission
* Erased from the system after process has been completed
Errors in Ordering
Orders forms should be designed to be as fool-proof as possible to minimise customer errors. The site should also be designed to prevent customers making obvious mistakes, such as cloning an order by submitting
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- What do recent attempts to adopt 'partnership' approaches an...
- functional areas in oxfam and sainsburys
- Analyse the relationship between job roles, functions and an...
- Business Studies
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.