- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
PEST and competitive analysis facing by confectionery organisations
The first 200 words of this essay...
This report defines the PEST and competitive analysis facing by confectionery organisations. The international organisation's Cadbury and Nestle are the organisations where the leaders of confectionery food. This report will discuss the strategy using by these two companies and their mission, what are their objectives and how can they achieve their goal?
The UK confectionery market forms part of the food industry and was valued at £5.54bn 2001. Sales have increased over a number of years. Although not an essential purchase, confectionery is bought by the majority of the population. Changing eating habits have led to increased levels of snacking and grazing and, as a highly accessible and desirable food, confectionery has been able to capitalise on this trend. There are two main sectors in the market - chocolate confectionery and sugar confectionery.
The UK market is relatively mature. As a consequence, there is little scope for market growth. The predominant trend among the leading companies is to expand through brand extensions rather than new product offers. Confectionery is an impulse market, which means that strong brand identities are of key importance. Creating new products by extending established brands carries lower
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- Should the welfare state be desirable?
- Economic growth is a necessary but not sufficient condition ...
- Outline how consumer sovereignty determines patterns of prod...
- What has been the impact of globalization on Poland (a post ...
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Command Economy or Fre...
- IGCSE AND GCSE Economics Units 1 and 2 Notes - markets and t...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.