- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Produce an analytical report on how a medium/large sized business manages its Human Resources.
- Essay length: 6684 words
- Submitted: 20/11/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
By William Goh
AVCE Unit 4
In this assignment I have been asked to produce an analytical report on how a medium/large sized business manages its Human Resources. I have chosen Marks & Spencer as my business to investigate. I will be looking at the importance of the Human Resources Management to my business providing a comprehensive overview of the following four functions with an in-depth focus on one of the functions. The four functions are the following:
* Human Resources Planning
* Recruitment and Selection
* Training and Development
* Performance Management
The Human Resources Department will vary depending on the size of the business. Marks & Spencer Plc, the company I have chosen to profile are a large organisation. The business I have chosen is Marks & Spencer, which is a large retailer, operating on a national basis.
The main purpose of Marks & Spencer Human Resource Management is to ensure the short and long-term development and use of employees to obtain the greatest benefit of their abilities thus contributing to organisational goals and objectives.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Stakeholders At Tesco
- Tesco's organisational structure
- Sainsbury's organizational structure.
- McDonald's. What are the Management functions at McDonald's?
- Organisational structure + job roles
- Business Studies- How Technology has Influenced Business and...
- Identify how two organisations plan recruitment using intern...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student