Promotion.First of all I am going to tell you the types of advertising that I didnt choose for my marketing campaign and why. Then I will tell you the 3 types of advertising I have decided to choose
Extracts from this essay...
Promotion The main objectives of promotion for a company are to inform customers about their products, to tell the customers about the advantages of using their product and to persuade customers and potential customers to buy their products. However many businesses have other reasons for promotion: such as presenting a good image of the business and the products, finding a new market, extending the life of a product or launching a new product. Types of advertising Some advertisements are informative; this means they just give people important information about the product. However most advertisements are persuasive, this is when they tell people about a product in such a way that they are persuaded to actually buy the product. Below is a list of different types of advertising: * Television * Radio * Cinema * Newspapers and magazines * Posters * Leaflets * Internet Television- Advertising space is sold by sots and the slot may be a few seconds or minutes. Cost varies according to length of time and area shown and the time of the day.
* Cheaper * People try and miss the trailers. * Good to advertise for local shops/services. * Production costs can be high. * Good quality. * Young market. * Impact of big screen brings attention to viewers. Newspapers and Magazines- A full-page advertisement in a mass circulation daily will cost around £30,000. Advantages Disadvantages * Long lasting compared to TV. * Full of adverts and could be missed. * Can be for a specific reader- select target. * Poor impact due to other adverts. * Can be cheap depending on paper. * Long life makes tracking hard. * Can use visual text and colour. * No sound or movement. * Choice of positioning and size of advert. * Often are overlooked or ignored by the reader. * Often left lying around. * High national coverage. * Can be produced quickly, this is good for PR releases. * Credibility * Can use specialist magazines that have respect and credibility. Posters- Advantages Disadvantages * Large impact if in a good location.
I did not choose Posters as one of my marketing campaigns because a lot of the time these posters either get vandalised or passers by just ignore the advert because they do not have time. I feel that the cinema is a good choice for a marketing campaign because when people are at the cinema and they are watching the adverts that is all they are focused on because they cant start channel flicking or start doing other stuff. Also with the impact of the big screen it brings attention to the viewers with the sound and moving images. I also think that Newspapers are a good choice for my marketing campaign because newspapers can be long lasting. E.g. newspaper left lying around in the doctors. I will either use a local newspaper so that I can target a specific location or I would use a specialist magazine because the people who read the specialist magazine are obviously looking for the product that the magazine specialises in. Jason Paul Business studies Coursework Promotion
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Over 180,000 student essays
- Every subject and level covered
- Thousands of essays marked by teachers