- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Proposal Analysis - Start-up case study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Heather Evans is a HBS graduate that is on the "go" process to start up a dress company. The evaluation of her opportunity can be made based on three sections: 1)Industry analysis,2)Market analysis,3)Competition. Following there is a table with a +/- analysis for those three main sections.
Barriers to entry may exist in terms of capturing and retaining customers in a highly competitive environment of fashion industry (-)
Market size 4.3 million, with high disposable income that spends 5 billion $ on clothes. This market group has a growth rate of 8-10% per year (+)
Well established competitors Liz Clairborne, Evan Picone that already capitalise on market and trend(-)
Clearly distinguished market leaders (-)Liz Clairborne, Evan Picone
Market trends favours varied looks in clothes that can be satisfied by Heather Evans Bridge line. (+)
No available statistical data on market segment owned by competitors (-)
Suppliers-Distribution, although different possibilities are mentioned there isn't a solid picture if specific suppliers, manufactures chosen can handle cost, volume required (-).
Targeted market group is receptive to new styles and designers(+)
No competitive advantage provided. Cannibalization possible
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy are two important tools of...
- The Difference Between Actual Growth and Potential Growth
- Main characteristics of free market economy
- Define and explain an Oligopoly - Characteristics of an Olig...
- Explain the different types of economies of scale - Discuss ...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.