Recruitment and selection process.
Extracts from this essay...
Task 4 - Recruitment and selection process There are several steps involved in the recruitment and selection process. The diagram below shows the points in a process order and there will be an explanation of these points below the diagram. Vacancy Vacancies can occur for different reasons; these reasons are pointed out below. * Staff have left the business through retirement or resignation * Staff have been dismissed * Staff have been promoted therefore their old job becomes vacant * Additional staff are needed as the business is growing * Job roles may change, therefore a new employee may be needed to for fill these tasks rather than the old employee who was used to completing the original tasks There are many questions which a business will need to ask when an employee leaves their organisation. Some of these questions are shown below.
* Responsible for (Staff for whom the post holder is responsible) * Purpose of the job/ post * Qualifications/ skills/ experience * Special notes for the job for example if the environment is noisy etc * Reference to show date compiled As we can see above the job description does not explain the ideal person for the job in any way, shape or form. The section where the person is described is the person specification Person specification In this the company will be looking at what personal qualities the previous employee had and if these qualities were good and helped them to complete their job to the highest possible standard then these would be published in the job spec and the ideal candidate for the job would have these qualities. If the previous employee did not have good qualities then the business should just outline what qualities the ideal candidate should have if they were to be at an advantage to other applicants.
Shortlist Once the company have received all competed application forms then they will chose who they think were the best candidates, they may chose the best 5 or 10 that they think stand a good chance at providing a good quality service to their company. The short listed candidates will then receive an interview. Interview An interview is held to give the business a chance to meet the person who is applying for the job. This will give them a chance to see if they fit the person specification and also if they can for fill all the requirements on the job description. After a meeting the best candidate will be appointed. Select and appoint This is where the company hires the right person for the job after conducting all the interviews. The best person for the job will be told the salary, when the can start etc etc. Lisa Emmett Unit 4 human resources
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Over 180,000 student essays
- Every subject and level covered
- Thousands of essays marked by teachers