- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Starbucks and Nike. Do you believe CSR is core to the objectives of large PLCs or should it remain peripheral? Justify your opinion with evidence. Compare and contrast different PLCs where possible.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Do you believe CSR is core to the objectives of large PLCs or should it remain peripheral? Justify your opinion with evidence. Compare and contrast different PLCs where possible.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of shaping a company's aims and objectives, as well as setting stakeholder priorities. Corporate Social Responsibility may seem self-explanatory, in its' definition of a company's responsibility to serve the communities in an ethical manner; however there are many parts of CSR, such as serving the local community, benefitting employees and help reduce damage to the environment. Corporate social responsibility is the concept coined to describe how organizations now consider the welfare of the people by being responsible for the impact of their activities on all groups of people involved and affected by their business, e.g. their employees, customers, stakeholders. Many businesses have taken CSR very seriously that they have gone beyond "following laws", and do more than being "responsible".
There are large PLCs that hold CSR as core to their objectives; however they are just a minority, with the shareholders of PLCs looking, mainly, to receive high dividends by reducing costs of other factors such as CSR,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Case Studies (view all)
- British Airways case study
- Business in the UK case study. Adidas PEST analysis
- Reception duty
- How do cornershops survive against Tesco?
- Aims and Objectives of two contrasting organisations (boots ...
- Business Plan. This Coursework will enable me to know how t...
- SWOT analysis for Samia's Special Pizzas.
- Case Study of a Franchise Pizza Business
- I am writing to offer you some advice on how customer servic...
- Are consumers getting a fair deal from Fairtrade products?
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.