- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
T-mobile is a leader in Hungary compared to the other providers, since it has existed the longest in Hungary and the other two providers are the followers
- Essay length: 2425 words
- Submitted: 06/06/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
T - MOBILE Ltd. (WESTEL)
Brief history of the company
The company was found in 1989 by the american U.S. WEST and the Hungarian Telecommunications Corporation. Its first company name was Westel Rádiótelefon Ltd.. This company introduced an entirely new type of phone, which can be used for telecomunication at any place from home. It is true that in the beginning, very few people lived with this opportunity. There were two basic reasons for this: the narrow endowment (practically only in Budapest), and the extremely high price, which was over quarter million forints.
Westel took a great part in the evolvement of the tele-infrastructure which is indespensable for the market economy. Their phones made thousands of businessmen become "mobile", and these businessmen were those people who started to transform the domestic economical relations.
It was also true that the evolution couldn't immediately follow the needs and demands. It took almost four years to finish the establishment of the nationwide mobile phone network. To operate a network like this, needed technical backgroung had to be insured. This technical bacground was oferred and given by Ericsson.
In 1994 the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The Difference Between Actual Growth and Potential Growth
- Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy are two important tools of...
- The pattern of farming in the U.K.
- "Scarcity is the central economic problem in all societ...
- The International Monetary Fund And Global Economic Crises
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.