- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The mixed market economy and the allocation of resources.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Economics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The mixed market economy
and the allocation of resources
A Introduction: 10%
* Economics: Basics - problems, consequences
* Short definition of a planned/command economy
* Characteristics of a planned/command economy:
No class conflict (marx)
public ownership, planned production, scarce resources allocated by the government
no private property, no self interest in profit, no competition, fixed supply, no choice
B Main Body: 75%
I Positive features (Theory)
(Webnote #113, 109:) further social goals=individual goals/ "state looks after you"
* Equal (re-)distribution of wealth and income / employment
* Current spending: social welfare, government employees, defence, education, health, pensions, debt repayments
* Capital spending: Infrastructure: airports, housing, road&rail, schools, telecommunications
* Provision of essential services, law and order, cultural affairs, international relations, social issues
= no abuse of monopoly powers
* (quick) Economic Growth (from a poor background)
* FOP mobility because of government's help + "effective" use of FOPs = no unemployment, no inflation
* stable prices, advertising and currency: government determines price, not determine by constantly changing/insecure
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The impact of economies and diseconomies of scale Tesco face
- How does the Government use fiscal policy to influence the e...
- Explain the different types of economies of scale - Discuss ...
- Would It Be Economically Beneficial to Britain to Introduce...
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Command Economy or Fre...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.