- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The recruitment process has eight different stages. - Human resources
- Essay length: 2007 words
- Submitted: 20/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
The recruitment process has eight different stages. They are: -
1. The decision is made as to whether recruitment is necessary.
2. The job description is prepared.
3. The personnel specification is prepared.
4. Plans are made on how and when to advertise.
5. Applicants are short-listed.
6. References are requested.
7. Candidates are invited for interviews and selection tests.
8. The successful candidate is offered the job and signs the contract of employment.
Stage 1. Is recruitment necessary?
This is the first stage in the recruitment process. When an employee leaves it is not always the case that a replacement is required. A part time employee could replace the employee. Or there work can be shared amongst the existing staff.
The recruiter will have to take in account many things. The recruiter will have to take into account the cost of conducting the process. If it is decided that there is need for an employee then a job description will need to be prepared. If a part time replacement is required then it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Stakeholders At Tesco
- McDonald's. What are the Management functions at McDonald's?
- Cohesive team building. I am going to describe how to build...
- The Importance of Human Resource Planning
- There 15 things what Tesco does to provide a good customer s...
- Preparation For An Interview Notes
- Business Studies- How Technology has Influenced Business and...
- Identify how two organisations plan recruitment using intern...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo