- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The "Thatcher Revolution".
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bisma Shahid Loan
The "Thatcher Revolution"
When one talks about revolution, certain concepts come to mind. They are that of a great upheaval, both social and economic and a change in the structure which is being targeted. The Thatcher Revolution was one such revolution, which started in 1979 when Margaret Thatcher came to power as the Prime Minister of England, till 2001, when Tony Blair finished his first term. Many barriers were broken down during this revolution, which changed England from a struggling economy to a highly efficient industrial power with a powerful economy.
The Thatcher Revolution tried to ensure that ideas that were put forth resulted in some sort of economic and social action regarding England. Although ideas came from different people and institutions, they were developed into an agenda and plan to follow and implement by Margaret Thatcher. The concept of Thatcherism emphasized on aspects such as individual freedom, opportunity and responsibility, with their being emphasis on aspects such as a strong market economy, strong families and a strong sense of patriotism. Margaret Thatcher was extremely critical of how British individualism was being replaced
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- Discuss the effectiveness of supply side economics in improv...
- What has been the impact of globalization on Poland (a post ...
- Devaluation By Rughoobar Chidanand
- Discuss the extent to which rapid economic growth in India ...
- Would It Be Economically Beneficial to Britain to Introduce...
- IGCSE AND GCSE Economics Units 1 and 2 Notes - markets and t...
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.