- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay explores the idea that the use of e-marketing means that segmentation is no longer relevant.
The first 200 words of this essay...
This essay explores the idea that the use of e-marketing means that segmentation is no longer relevant. This statement is discussed in relation to organisations that use e-marketing to complement traditional marketing strategies and in the context of 1:1 marketing.
It is emphasised that e-marketing is not limited to the internet. Although a number of examples in the essay involve the internet, the same basic principles apply in relation to the other e-resources an organisation can use.
Traditionally, a firm can choose from 3 different marketing coverages. These are mass marketing, multi-segment marketing and niche marketing (Strauss, 2001). The evidence in the literature is overwhelming that segmentation still has a central role to play. The reasons for this include that segmentation enables an organisation to:
* group people and organisations with similar needs
* define marketing objectives
* allocate resources and evaluation (Study Guide, 2001).
In addition to the 3 traditional marketing coverages, more recently individualised or 1:1 marketing is being used by organisations. 1:1 marketing involves customising a product offering for individual customers. The very nature of targeting individuals seems to make segmentation no longer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing and Markets (view all)
- Business-to-business (B2B) and the business-to-consumer (B2C...
- business enter prices
- The marketing models I will evaluate will be SWOT and PEST a...
- Differences between Market and Planned Economy
- Marketing Plan of Squench
- Fig Hairdressing. What is the most important factor in impr...
- Analysis of research on the location of a new pizza shop.
- I believe Apple Inc. is more marketing oriented company than...
- In this report I shall be describing and explaining all of t...
- Types of Market Research
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Zoey. University Student.