- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This is a report on Marks and Spencer a well known retail company in the UK. Marks and Spencer has also recently been in the news for falling profit and sales in 1999/2000
- Essay length: 11502 words
- Submitted: 31/03/2006
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Business and management
This is a report on Marks and Spencer a well known retail company in
the UK. Marks and Spencer has also recently been in the news for
falling profit and sales in 1999/2000. So Marks and Spencer is now on
its way to recovery. It's famous for setting the highest of standards
in the retail industry, pioneering its own charge card and generating
such snob value on its products, yet controlling prices to bring their
products within most people's reach. Marks and Spencer has extended
its brand overseas where it continues to achieve substantial growth.
This is likely to be its main source of growth in the near and long
term future as the company develops its franchise business.
There are around 628 locations for Marks and Spencer's. The company
makes great weight of how it is run - first class customer service,
operating efficiency (through economies of scale), long-term
partnership with suppliers, financial services, staff rewards and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
People in Business (view all)
- Tesco's organisational structure
- Stakeholders At Tesco
- McDonald's. What are the Management functions at McDonald's?
- Sainsbury's organizational structure.
- Functional Areas at J Sainsbury's:The functional areas at J ...
- Business Studies- How Technology has Influenced Business and...
- Identify how two organisations plan recruitment using intern...
- A leader is a person who takes partial control of a group of...
- A detailed job description for a bar waiter
- A detailed person specification for a job.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.