- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
US Financial Crisis vs. Economic Crisis
- Essay length: 4005 words
- Submitted: 08/11/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
[Name of institution]
[Name of writer]
The U.S. economy is currently in its worst crisis since the Great Depression. The crisis began in the home mortgage market, particularly the market for so-called "subprime" mortgages, and is spreading beyond subprime mortgages to commercial real estate, junk bond business, and other forms of debt. Total losses for U.S. banks could reach the highest one-third of total banking capital. The crisis has led to a sharp reduction in bank loans, which in turn is causing a severe recession in the U.S. economy. This paper analyzes the underlying causes of the current crisis, it is estimated how the crisis is likely to be, and examines the government's economic policies so far (both by the Federal Reserve and Congress) to address to the crisis. The final section makes recommendations for government policies are more radical than the left, should promote and support in response to this crisis.
Table of Content
The current crisis 4
Bank losses 6
Government policies 7
Federal Reserve 7
Nationalize the financing 12
Work Cited 15
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economy & Economics (view all)
- The ability of an organisation to adapt to change in its ext...
- Causes of the Great Depression
- There is no such thing as a successful laissez-faire economy...
- Why do firms engage in mergers and acquisitions? Describe a ...
- History of Philips lighting.
- Describe the Advantages of a Market Economy
- Exchange Rates and their Effect on Morocco Report.
- The Potential Impact of Government Policies on My Business P...
- China and Economic growth, Case Study
- Research the Causes of financial crisis in 2008 & 2011 a...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'