- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare Hero by Mick Gowar and Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hero ~ Mick Gowar
Ozymandias ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley
I think the major similarity between the two poems is that both Ozymandias and the 'Hero' both led very similar lifestyles. They both rose to the very top of their profession which was followed by a dramatic downfall.
Ozymandias', once great, kingdom is now left to a broken statue, suggesting Ozymandias is a broken man.
The same goes for the 'Hero'. After reaching the zenith of his career, albeit unfairly, he too had his comeuppance.
Another similarity would be that both poems are conversations. Hero is a conversation between the 'Hero' and a fifteen year old boy.
Ozymandias is also a conversation between two people; the narrator and a passing traveller. I know this because the poem starts with 'I met a traveller from an antique land'.
Also the writers portray both men as not very pleasant people, both willing to sacrifice respect and decency for power. This was probably the beginning of the end for both of them. They both also come across as tactless and no nonsense.
The 'Hero' tells the boy, very straight,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classics (view all)
- Divine intervention in the Odyssey.
- Science case study
- Is Okonkwo a tragic hero deserving of our sympathy or a viol...
- Discuss how far football stadia resemble the roman colosseum...
- Discuss examples of metamorphosis in Greek Mythology and ana...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.